Even though I'm on vacation in Florida, I still keep up on sporting events like NASCAR. I've always been an Atlanta Motor Speedway fan and this race this weekend continues to explain why drivers like racing there. Throughout the first half of the race, tires were to blame for the cautions and taking major drivers out of contention for the most part. Dale Jr, Stewart, Logano, Ragan, Edwards & Gordon all had tires going down or spins that made them visit pit road. However, there were lucky few who survived in one piece, including Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne and Juan Pablo Montoya. 3 Laps to go in the race, from an earlier incident, Carl Edwards spun out Brad Keselowski which sent his car overturning and landing on all 4 tires. This set a green-white-checkered finish, which proved unsuccessfully due to Jamie McMurray spinning and causing a 6-car wreck which completely destryoed the 5 car of Mark Martin. Restart number 2 took effect when Kurt Busch pulled away and was unbeatable as won his 3rd race in Atlanta. Definitely a good race all-around. As far as point standings go, Kevin Harvick leads Matt Kenseth by 26 points and Greg Biffle by 59. Paul Menard sits 9th and Scott Speed moves up to 12th, which is surprising but in my opinion, I don't see them in contention for the Chase come September.
All 3 NASCAR series have the next weekend off, and will return in 2 weeks in Bristol, TN.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment